Scholarships & Bursaries
Did you know there are hundreds of scholarships and bursaries that could help pay for your education? Many scholarships are based on academic achievement. However, others are awarded for athletic involvement, leadership, community service or areas of interest.
Understand the Difference between a Scholarship and a Bursary
- A scholarship is a monetary award given to a student for academic excellence in a specific area of study (such as biology or English) or for achievements in non-academic areas (such as athletics or community service).
- A bursary is a monetary grant given to a student based on clearly demonstrated financial need and/or satisfactory academic achievement.
Find and apply for Scholarships and Bursaries
- Alberta Scholarships
Find a list of scholarships and awards administered by Student Aid Alberta. Learn about scholarships/awards for students in high school, apprenticeship training, undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Apprenticeship Scholarships
Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board scholarships for apprentices and occupational trainees.
- Bursaries and Scholarships for Indigneous Students
Designed specifically for Indigenous students pursuing post-secondary education.
- Post-Secondary Institutions
Many schools offer scholarships and bursaries for students attending their school.
- Scholarships Canada
Search by scholarship name, school of study, field of study, and by entering a keyword in the provided by field.