Send Your Resumé Online
Your online resumé goes directly from your computer desktop to the employer website or to a job search website. You can:
- send an email attachment to an employer’s email address
- upload your resumé to an employer or job search website
- use an online application form or resumé builder.
Sending your resumé as an email attachment
- Format your resumé as an email attachment.
- Prepare a cover email or letter.
- If the employer asks for cover letter, send your cover letter as the first page of your resumé. Beforehand, send test emails to a number of friends to ensure the letter and the resumé appear on separate pages and the cover letter is not numbered.
- If the employer doesn’t ask for a cover letter, treat your email message as the cover letter.
- Include the competition title and number in the subject line of the email, along with your name.
- Check that you have the correct email address for the employer.
Uploading your resumé to an employer or job search website
- Make sure your resumé is in the required format. A growing number of employer and job search websites allow you to upload your resumé as a Microsoft Word document directly from your desktop. Other websites ask you to upload your resumé as an ASCII or plain text document.
- Follow the instructions on the website.
- If your resumé will be viewed as a single page, remove your name and any contact information from the second page and any additional pages.
- If you’re uploading your resumé to a job search website, make sure you protect your privacy and confidentiality.
Cutting and pasting your resumé into an online application form