Rights and Responsibilities
Find links to information about Alberta employment regulations, legislation and standards to make your workplace safe and productive.
- Employment Standards Find out about the minimum wage, hours of work, holidays, vacations, maternity and parental leave and other employment rights and responsibilities.
- Occupational Health and Safety Learn about the Work Safe Alberta campaign, occupational health and safety training and how employers and workers can cooperate to keep the workplace safe.
- Alberta Labour Relations Board Learn about this independent, impartial tribunal that administers and interprets labour laws that affect unionized workplaces.
- Employment Insurance (EI) Get information for workers and employers, including work search links and how to apply for EI online.
- My Rights as a Worker Find out about Canadian labour standards that relate to your employment situation, including rights and responsibilities of employees in federally regulated industries.
Publications and Tip Sheets
View these and other related tip sheets:
Order these and other publications online: