We all have many skills. These skills help us do things better.
It’s a good idea to think about the skills you have. You can list them on your resumé. But it’s also important to think about the skills you need. Then you know what kind of training you need.
Example of a person's skills
Yusef wants to be a tilesetter. He thinks about his skills. He thinks about the skills he already has to be a tilesetter. This is what he writes down:
- I can work with my hands.
- I can make floors and counters clean and smooth for tiles.
- I can lift and carry heavy things.
But Yusef knows that he needs more skills to be a tilesetter. He thinks about the skills he needs. This is what he writes down:
- I want to learn what glue or cement to use.
- I want to learn how to cut tiles.
- I want to learn how to set tiles.
Yusef knows what skills he needs. Now it’s your turn. Do you know what skills you have? Do you know what skills you need? If you don’t know, you will need to explore your skills.
Now you know what skills you need. Let’s think about the best way for you to learn these skills. This is your next step. It's time to think about your learning style.