You may know that you want to take more education and training. You may even know what you want to do when you finish. But making sure you get there means asking yourself a number of questions:
- What do I enjoy doing?
- Am I good at it?
- Why am I going back to learn?
- Do I have enough time for this?
- What do I see myself doing in 5 years?
- What kind of education or training interests me?
- Do I want to learn in a classroom, or do I want to learn online?
- Do I need to keep working while I learn?
- How do I learn best?
Everyone has different ways of taking in, remembering and using information. Understanding your own way of learning begins with understanding your strengths and abilities.
- Visual learners learn by seeing.
- Auditory learners learn by listening.
- Tactile learners learn by doing.
Do you recognize which of these learning styles describes you? Like many people, you might use different learning styles in different situations.
When you know more about how you learn, you can become a more successful student.