You may know that you want to take more education and training. You may even know what you want to do when you finish. But making sure you get there means thinking about the ways you learn best.
Everyone has a different way of taking in, remembering, and using information. Ask yourself these questions:
- What do I enjoy doing?
- Am I good at it?
- What kinds of things do I find easier or harder to figure out?
- Why are these things harder or easier for me?
- How much time do I want to give to further education?
- What kind of education or training interests me?
- Do I want to learn in a classroom, online and by reading text books, or by hands-on experience?
- How do I learn best?
Depending on your answers, you may decide university is best for you, or technical college. Each offer 2 different styles of educational experiences, geared towards different needs and learning styles.
How does your body like to learn?
Your whole body gets involved in the learning process. But some ways of learning are more important than others.
- Visual learners learn by seeing.
- Auditory learners learn by listening.
- Tactile learners learn by doing.
When you know more about how you learn, you can become a more successful student.