You can attend publicly funded high school in Alberta for free if you are 20 years of age or under prior to September 1.
Contact your local school board to explore your options. Use the school board directory at the Alberta School Boards Association.
Outreach or alternative high school programs
Outreach or alternative high school programs are accessible and flexible. Their goal is to encourage you to complete your diploma.
Outreach programs typically offer hours, support and programs that are not available in a regular high school setting.
- EncoreCBE is part of the Calgary public school system. Its programs help students finishing school their own way. Call 403–817–7820.
- St Anne Academic Centre is part of the Calgary Catholic school system. It offers direct instruction, self–directed study, online options and work experience. Call 403–500–2012.
- Discovering Choices is sponsored by the Calgary Achievement Centre for Youth. It offers school, work experience and other programs. Call 403–268–3666.
- The Learning Store is part of the Edmonton public schools system. It offers individual programs and work experience. Call 780–437–8119.
- Fresh Start is part of the Edmonton Catholic school systems. Students here can set their own pace for learning. Call 780–944–2000.
- Inner City High School offers learning, arts and long-term supports. Call 780–424–9425.
- Boyle Street Education Centre Charter School supports students in achieving their goals in school and in life. Call 780–428–1420.
- Frank Spragins High School in the Fort McMurray Public School District offers assisted self–paced instruction, independent learning and evening hours. Call 780–714–3434.
- Father Mercredi High School is part of the Fort McMurray Catholic school system. It offers individualized programming for eligible students. Call 780–799–5725.
- Bridge Network Program in the Grande Prairie Public School District offers flexible programs and hours with support from community partners. Call 780–539–0950.
- St. John Bosco Outreach School in the Grande Prairie Catholic School District offers modular programs and upgrading in a non–traditional setting. Call 780–532–3013.
- Medicine Hat Outreach School in the Medicine Hat School District offers distance learning and individualized support. Call 403–526–7877.
- Alternative School Programs at Victoria Park School in the Lethbridge School District offer flexible classroom–based and distance learning. Call 403–327–3945.
- Catholic Centre High School in Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Separate Regional Division #4 offers flexible hours and programs, including accelerated programming. Call 403–327–4596.
- Peace Regional Outreach Campus is part of the Peace River School Division. Students learn in an alternative learning environment. Call 780-624-5534
- Alternative School Centre is part of the Red Deer public school system. Students learn in their own way and at their own pace. Call 403–343–1354.
- John Paul II Catholic Outreach School is part of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools. It offers personalized learning plans, evening hours and online options. Call 403–314–9382.