Quantifiers and qualifiers help resumé readers build a picture of you. These words or phrases can make your resumé stronger.
Quantifiers are words that describe size, quantity, length, and cost. They help a reader measure your success. Here are some examples.
- Reduced the time required by 30%
- Added 15 new accounts
- Increased the average daily number of visitors by 200
- Increased annual sales revenue by $1 million
Qualifiers are useful when you haven’t been in the workforce for long. If you can’t measure your success yet with quantifiers, use qualifiers. They can strengthen your achievements, skills, and experience. Here are some examples:
- Helped lead the school hockey team to the city championship
- Contributed to the success of the recycling program
- Increased the cleanliness of the building