Administrative Assistant, Medical
EmployerJaswinder Singh Brar Professional Corporation
Date PostedSeptember 02, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 14, 2021
Jaswinder Singh Brar Professional Corporation
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Area of Work Experience
Reports and records
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Perform general clerical work, such as order supplies and maintain inventory
- Maintain filing system
- Interview patients to obtain case histories
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
403 - 4600 Crowchild Trail NW
Calgary, Alberta T3A2L6
Oct 14, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to schedule and confirm medical appointments, to receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients, and to interview patients
Interest in operating computers and other office equipment; may train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
Interest in compiling information to complete documents, case histories and insurance and other claim forms, to maintain confidential medical files and records, and to order supplies and maintain inventory; may supervise other staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.