Administrative Assistant, Medical
EmployerRedstone Physiotherapy Inc.
Date PostedJuly 12, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $29.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 10, 2022
Redstone Physiotherapy Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Interview patients to obtain case histories
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Maintain filing system
- Perform general clerical work, such as order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Word
- Electronic mail
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
Area of Work Experience
- Charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Financial statements
- Manuscripts, publications or theses
- Reports and records
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to schedule and confirm medical appointments, to receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients, and to interview patients
Interest in operating computers and other office equipment; may train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
Interest in compiling information to complete documents, case histories and insurance and other claim forms, to maintain confidential medical files and records, and to order supplies and maintain inventory; may supervise other staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.