Agricultural Equipment Mechanic
EmployerAdam Ranch Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 15, 2021
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $40.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 15, 2021
Adam Ranch Ltd.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Air conditioning system
- Fuel injection system
- Engine control system
- Exhaust system
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Experience an asset
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Welding experience
- Attach components and adjust new farm equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Various locations
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Power take-offs
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V3A7
Dec 15, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.