There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Aide, Health Care
EmployerOrigin Active Lifestyle Communities
Date PostedMay 16, 2023
Location Canmore, AB
Earnings $22.80 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 15, 2023
Origin Active Lifestyle Communities
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Home care and visiting care agency
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients between care facilities
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Collect specimens
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
7 months to less than 1 year
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting hospital staff by carrying messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another; in providing comfort to patients by answering call signals, making beds and maintaining patients' rooms; in assisting patients with menu selection; and in setting-up and providing leisure activities for patients, and accompanying patients on outside recreational activities
Interest in copying routine procedures to provide basic patient care, supervise patients' exercise routines, transport patients in wheelchairs and stretchers, and supply and empty bed pans; in maintaining inventory of supplies; in reporting or recording fluid intake or output; and in observing or monitoring patients' status and document patient care on charts
Interest in operating medical equipment to take blood pressure, temperature and pulse; in collecting specimens such as urine, faeces and sputum; in administering suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas; and in performing other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff; may perform maintenance tasks such as assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, clean or sterilize equipment, maintain and repair equipment and assemble, set-up and operate equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.