Apartment Building Maintenance Worker
Date PostedJune 20, 2022
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 04, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Administrative and Coordination Skills
Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment
Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents Specific Skills
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Work with minimal supervision
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying instructions to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their grounds; to contract tradespersons for major repairs; and to ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
Interest in operating - manipulating industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse; to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas; and to cut grass and tend grounds
Interest in making adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems; and in performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs such as painting
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.