Posted on Sep 24, 2020 by Summer Breeze Appliance Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings 60% per piece
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 24, 2020
Summer Breeze Appliance Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Appliance Repair Trade Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Large household appliances
- Air conditioning system
3 years to less than 5 years
- Prepare written estimates of repair costs
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment
- Repair electrical appliances and components
- Replace faulty components
- Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair parts
- Diagnose faults, using testing devices
- Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
- Use shop equipment and specialized diagnostic and programming apparatus to repair, adjust and reprogram appliances
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
403-990-1944 Business Hours: 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM
Oct 24, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating electrical test equipment to conduct voltage, resistance and other tests, and in operating soldering equipment and hand tools to replace and repair parts
Interest in compiling information to prepare reports of work done
Interest in speaking with customers to establish nature of appliance malfunction and to provide cost estimates for repairs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.