EmployerTBD Architecture + Urban Planning
Date PostedJanuary 14, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $50,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 37.5 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 13, 2022
TBD Architecture + Urban Planning
- Master's degree
- Architecture (BArch, BA/BSc, MArch, MA/MSc, PhD)
5 years or more
Architectural software programs
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
Work Location Information
Project and Personnel Management Skills
- Project management
- Supervision of technologists, technicians and other architects
- Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
- Prepare sketches and models
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
- Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
- Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 13, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to conceptualize and design buildings, and to develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
Interest in precision working to prepare sketches and models according to clients' specifications; and in participating in contract negotiations
Interest in supervising and monitoring activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications; and in awarding construction contracts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.