Architectural Design Technologist
EmployerSHD Electric Inc.
Date PostedOctober 01, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $31.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 31, 2021
SHD Electric Inc.
Operating Systems and Software
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Engineering professional and construction management (EPCM)
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Supervise staff or team
- Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
- Monitor and inspect work
- Assist in supervising construction projects
Area of Specialization
- Scientific or research facility laboratory
- Retail business
- Interior design (general)
- Industrial design
- Architectural design
- Commercial domain
- Hotel and catering industry
- Work with other disciplines
- Prepare working drawings
- Prepare presentation graphics and drawings
- Create interior spaces that reflect clients' needs and tastes
- Assist in design development
- Consult with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space
- Develop detailed plans and 3-D models showing arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures
- Develop plans, elevations, cross sections and detailed drawings
- Advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Design sample
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Various locations
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- 3D graphic software
- Autodesk REVIT
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 31, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
Interest in supervising to represent building architects on construction sites to ensure compliance with design specifications and maintenance of desired standards of materials and quality of work; may supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others; may supervise draftspersons, technicians and technologists on architectural teams
Interest in precision working to assist in the development of architectural designs and to construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.