Asphalt Roller Operator
EmployerBow River Paving Inc.
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 70 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 26, 2023
Bow River Paving Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and length measurements
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Pave and rake asphalt
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
Type of heavy equipment operated
Equipment and machinery experience
Area of work experience
Type of industry experience
Security and safety
Driving record check (abstract)
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
Steel-toed safety boots
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
2 years to less than 3 years
On the road job
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.