Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Microhard Systems Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 21, 2021
Microhard Systems Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Soldering equipment
- Power tools
- Hand tools
- Automatic or semi-automatic equipment
- Automatic testing equipment
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Office
- Maintain test result reports
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results
- Pack items for shipping and distribution
- Clean work area
Area of Specialization
Type of Product
- Electronic components
- Printed Circuit Boards (PCB)
- Set up and operate automatic testing equipment to locate circuit and wiring faults, shorts and component defects
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Inspect electronic components and assemblies to ensure adherence to specified requirements
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on components, subassemblies and assemblies
- Check final assembly for finish, labelling and packaging methods
- Assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly, the use of microscopes and adherence to cleanroom procedures
- Solder and manually assemble various electronic components on PCB (printed circuit boards)
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position, solder and clean prescribed components on PCB (printed circuit boards)
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform go-no-go electrical tests
- Perform simple electrical and continuity testing of electronic components, parts and systems
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Inspection or Testing Specialization
- Finished products
- Electronic components
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 21, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly, and to use microscopes and adhere to clean-room procedures; and to operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position, solder and clean components on printed circuit boards
Interest in copying information to solder and assemble manually, various electronic components such as resistors, diodes, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, switches, wires and other electronic parts onto printed circuit boards; may repair and overhaul older devices
Interest in verifying dimensions and alignment of parts; may replace defective components
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.