EmployerBrown Law Group
Date PostedNovember 05, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 05, 2022
Brown Law Group
- Advise clients of their legal rights and all matters related to law
- Plead clients' cases before courts of law, tribunals and boards (lawyers only)
- Draw up legal documents and prepare statements of legal opinion
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes (lawyers only)
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
- Offer mediation, conciliation and arbitration services
- Research legal precedents and gather evidence
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Membership in the Canadian Bar Association
- Membership in a provincial or territorial law society
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
5 years or more
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
Interest in negotiating settlements of civil disputes (lawyers only), in applying principles of civil law as it pertains to notarization of legal documents and in researching legal precedents and gathering evidence
Interest in mentoring in order to advise clients of their legal rights and all matters related to law; may act as an executor, trustee or guardian in estate and family law matters; may act as mediator, conciliator or arbitrator
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.