There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerThe Federation of Calgary Communities Society
Date PostedMay 23, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $22.50 to $25.57 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 06, 2023
The Federation of Calgary Communities Society
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Associations and non profit organizations
- Various locations
- Prepare journal entry
- Assess fixed assets and depreciation
- Prepare income tax
- Store, update and retrieve financial data
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems
- Perform general office duties
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Prepare reports
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Resolve work related problems
- Examine internal controls of organization
- Examine accounting records
- Audit accounting records to determine income, exemptions, payable taxes, compliance with reporting regulations and existence of fraud
Computer and technology knowledge
- Sage Accounting Software
- Word processing software
- Accounting software
- Quick Books
- Electronic mail
- Simply Accounting
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Large workload
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Ability to multitask
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements; in preparing period or cost statements or reports; and in gathering budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets, and maintaining filing and record systems
Interest in balancing financial records and reconciling business transactions, and in solving problems
Interest in operating computerized systems and office equipment to perform related clerical duties such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.