There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Baker - Retail
EmployerSunterra Quality Food Markets Inc.
Date PostedMay 12, 2023
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 11, 2023
Sunterra Quality Food Markets Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Supermarket or bakery department
- Large volume bakery
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare special orders
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Train staff
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Operate machinery
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Experience an asset
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to record production data and draw up production schedules to determine type and quantity of goods to produce; and to ensure quality of products meets established standards
Interest in controlling machinery and equipment to mix and bake doughs and batters
Interest in hiring, training and supervising staff; may oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.