EmployerORIGINAL SWEETS & CATERS
Date PostedMay 02, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 01, 2022
ORIGINAL SWEETS & CATERS
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Train staff
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Prepare special orders
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Draw up production schedules
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Operate machinery
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Wedding and specialty cakes
- Desserts and pastries
- Cake decorating
- Breads and rolls
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Health care plan
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current level of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 01, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to record production data and draw up production schedules to determine type and quantity of goods to produce; and to ensure quality of products meets established standards
Interest in controlling machinery and equipment to mix and bake doughs and batters
Interest in hiring, training and supervising staff; may oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.