There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Bakery Supervisor - Retail
EmployerSunterra Quality Food Markets Inc.
Date PostedMay 16, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $19.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 15, 2023
Sunterra Quality Food Markets Inc.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
- Supermarket or bakery department
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare special orders
- Supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Draw up production schedules
- Train staff
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Schedule staff
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Baker Trade Certification
- Breads and rolls
- Desserts and pastries
- Wedding and specialty cakes
- Donuts and muffins
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
2 years to less than 3 years
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to record production data and draw up production schedules to determine type and quantity of goods to produce; and to ensure quality of products meets established standards
Interest in controlling machinery and equipment to mix and bake doughs and batters
Interest in hiring, training and supervising staff; may oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.