There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerPOME BAKERY INC.
Date PostedMay 19, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 18, 2023
POME BAKERY INC.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare special orders
- Supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Train staff
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Operate machinery
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- Breads and rolls
- Desserts and pastries
- Wedding and specialty cakes
- Donuts and muffins
- Cake decorating
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
1 year to less than 2 years
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to record production data and draw up production schedules to determine type and quantity of goods to produce; and to ensure quality of products meets established standards
Interest in controlling machinery and equipment to mix and bake doughs and batters
Interest in hiring, training and supervising staff; may oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.