EmployerSanctum Retreat Society of Alberta
Date PostedNovember 22, 2022
Location Caroline, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 22, 2022
Sanctum Retreat Society of Alberta
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- Cooking and related culinary arts, general
- Culinary arts/chef training
- Food preparation/professional cooking/kitchen assistant
- Meat cutting/meat cutter
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
Ranks of chefs
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Create new recipes
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
1 to 2 people
- South Indian
- Sushi preparation techniques
- German cuisine
- East Indian
- Italian cuisine
- Mediterranean cuisine
- Bakery goods and desserts
- Cereals, grains and pulses
- Cold kitchen
- Eggs and dairy
- Fish and seafood
- Meat, poultry and game
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
5 years or more
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.