EmployerTHE RANCH HOUSE RESTAURANT
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2023
LanguagesEnglish or French
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 10, 2023
THE RANCH HOUSE RESTAURANT
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Lounge or night club
- Organize and set up bar
- Short order cooking and food preparation
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Serve food or snacks
- Clean draft beer system
- Advise on wine selection
- Inform customers regarding contents of cocktails or other drinks
- Train staff
- Collect cash, credit/debit cards or other payment for beverages
- Operate cash register
- Record and balance beverage sales
- Store beverage and food products
- Order bar stock and maintain inventory and control of bar stock
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Bartender certification
- Smart Serve
- ProServe program
- Serving It Right Certificate
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Experience an asset
As per collective agreement
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to maintain inventories of bar stock, order supplies and record sales
Interest in serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons; and in taking beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
Interest in handling the preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers; and in ensuring compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations; may train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff; may hire and dismiss staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.