EmployerAB Weeping Tiles
Date PostedNovember 19, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $40.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 19, 2022
AB Weeping Tiles
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Instruct apprentices
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Supervise other workers
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to lay bricks and other masonry units to build residential and commercial chimneys and fireplaces; to lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; to lay and install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; to lay bricks, stone and similar materials to provide veneers to walls and other surfaces; to lay bricks and other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; and to cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks using hand and power tools
Interest in lining and relining furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory and acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials; may restore, clean and paint existing masonry structures
Interest in compiling information to construct and install prefabricated masonry units
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.