EmployerBCL BROTHERS MASONRY CONTRACTING LTD
Date PostedJanuary 07, 2022
Location Granum, AB
Earnings $38.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 8  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 06, 2022
BCL BROTHERS MASONRY CONTRACTING LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Bricklayer Red Seal Certificate
- Bricklayer Trade Certification
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
5 years or more
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Pension Plan Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to lay bricks and other masonry units to build residential and commercial chimneys and fireplaces; to lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; to lay and install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; to lay bricks, stone and similar materials to provide veneers to walls and other surfaces; to lay bricks and other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; and to cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks using hand and power tools
Interest in lining and relining furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory and acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials; may restore, clean and paint existing masonry structures
Interest in compiling information to construct and install prefabricated masonry units
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.