Building Maintenance Worker
EmployerAlpine Village (1986) LTD
Date PostedJuly 20, 2022
Location Jasper, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 38 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 19, 2022
Alpine Village (1986) LTD
- Bachelor's degree
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Room and board provided
- Rural area
- Willing to relocate
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Hospitality industry
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Perform safety and security checks
- Supervise other workers
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Work with minimal supervision
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Provide customer service
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Steam cleaners
- Power tools
- Power lawn mowers
- Small tractors (lawn/snow removal attachments)
- Swimming pool maintenance and cleaning equipment
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site housing options
- On-site recreation and activities
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying instructions to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their grounds; to contract tradespersons for major repairs; and to ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
Interest in operating - manipulating industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse; to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas; and to cut grass and tend grounds
Interest in making adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems; and in performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs such as painting
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.