There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Building Services Worker
EmployerPodollan Grande Prairie Inn & Spa Inc.
Date PostedMarch 08, 2023
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 07, 2023
Podollan Grande Prairie Inn & Spa Inc.
- or equivalent experience
Hotel, motel, resort
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Perform safety and security checks
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- Work with minimal supervision
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Carpet cleaning machine
- Polishing machines
- Waxing machine
- Steam cleaners
- Power tools
- Power lawn mowers
- Upholstery cleaning equipment
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Safety equipment/gear
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying instructions to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their grounds; to contract tradespersons for major repairs; and to ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
Interest in operating - manipulating industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse; to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas; and to cut grass and tend grounds
Interest in making adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems; and in performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs such as painting
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.