Butcher - Retail Or Wholesale
EmployerIrvings Farm Fresh Ltd
Date PostedMay 11, 2022
Location Camrose County, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 45 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 10, 2022
Irvings Farm Fresh Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Certification with provincial or territorial authorities
- Meat Cutter Trade Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine
- Sausage machine
- Power grinder
- Manual cutting utensil
- Band saw
1 year to less than 2 years
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Weigh meats for sale
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Food safety/handling skills
- Butcher shop
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Slice cooked meats
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special orders
- Make special sausages
- Grind meats
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
- Team player
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 10, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.