Butcher - Retail Or Wholesale
Date PostedAugust 31, 2022
Location High River, AB
Earnings $24.00 to $26.75 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 50  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 26, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Train meat cutters
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Meat Cutter Trade Certification
Equipment and machinery experience
- Band saw
- Manual cutting utensil
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- On-site recreation and activities
- Parking available
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.