Posted on Feb 01, 2021 by Capital Convenience And Halal Meats
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 03, 2021
Capital Convenience And Halal Meats
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Weigh meats for sale
- Train meat cutters
- Sell meats to customers
- Price meat products
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Slice cooked meats
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Prepare special orders
- Make special sausages
- Grind meats
- Cut fish into steaks and fillets
- Cut poultry into parts
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
10804 107 Ave NW,
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0X2
Mar 03, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.