EmployerBritish Banger Company Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 28, 2021
Location Okotoks, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 36 to 45 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 28, 2021
British Banger Company Inc.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine
- Sausage machine
- Power grinder
- Manual cutting utensil
- Band saw
7 months to less than 1 year
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Weigh meats for sale
- Train meat cutters
- Sell meats to customers
- Price meat products
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Butcher shop
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Slice cooked meats
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Prepare special orders
- Make special sausages
- Grind meats
- Cut poultry into parts
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
On the road job
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 28, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.