There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Date PostedMarch 09, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $21.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 08, 2023
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Weigh meats for sale
- Cut poultry into parts
- Price meat products
- Sell meats to customers
- Grind meats
- Make special sausages
- Slice cooked meats
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Meat Cutter Trade Certification
- Certification with provincial or territorial authorities
Equipment and machinery experience
- Band saw
- Manual cutting utensil
- Power grinder
- Sausage machine
- Slicing machine
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
2 years to less than 3 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.