Buyer - Purchasing
EmployerTechmation Electric & Controls Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 07, 2022
Location Acheson, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 06, 2022
Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Database management
- MS Outlook
- Review quotations
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services
- Monitor progress of delivery schedules
- Establish delivery schedules
- Contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Consult with suppliers
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Large caseload
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 06, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to establish delivery schedules and to monitor progress
Interest in negotiating or determining contract terms and conditions and in awarding supplier contracts or recommending contract awards; may hire, train and supervise purchasing clerks
Interest in contacting clients and suppliers to resolve problems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.