Posted on May 20, 2021 by BGS Enterprises Inc
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $24.00 to $26.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 24, 2021
BGS Enterprises Inc
- Bachelor's degree
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- Administer and interpret tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients
- Provide clients with information
- Perform administrative tasks
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Consult and advise clients
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment
- Counsel students regarding educational, career or vocational issues
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Provide established workers with information and strategies for maintaining a job or moving within an organization
- Provide consulting services to community groups and agencies, businesses, industry and other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning support or resources
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 24, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting to advise employers on human resources and other employment-related issues; in referring clients to appropriate services; in assisting clients with such matters as job readiness skills and job search strategies; and in providing established workers with information on maintaining a job or moving within an organization, dealing with job dissatisfaction or making a career change
Interest in compiling information to collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information; and in administering tests designed to determine interests, aptitudes and abilities
Interest in interpreting test results and identifying barriers to employment; and in providing consulting services to community groups and agencies, businesses and industry, and to other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning resources
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.