EmployerWONDER WORKS CONSTRUCTION LTD
Date PostedJanuary 18, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $28.20 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 45 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 17, 2023
WONDER WORKS CONSTRUCTION LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Survey building locations and levels
- Instruct apprentices
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.