EmployerRAM Exteriors Incorporated
Date PostedJuly 26, 2022
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $24.00 to $31.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 25, 2022
RAM Exteriors Incorporated
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Maintenance and repair
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
1 to 2 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- First Aid Certificate
- Carpenter Red Seal Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
5 years or more
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.