EmployerEiffel Construction Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 04, 2022
LanguagesEnglish or French
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 03, 2022
Eiffel Construction Ltd
English or French
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
- Maintenance and repair
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Survey building locations and levels
- Supervise other workers
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.