Employer3R'S CONSTRUCTION & RENOVATION LTD
Date PostedJune 09, 2022
Location Barrhead, AB
Earnings $29.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 09, 2022
3R'S CONSTRUCTION & RENOVATION LTD
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- Construction Trades, General
- Construction Trades, Other
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise other workers
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Resolve work related problems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Install, repair and service interior or exterior prefabricated products
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Time management
Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.