EmployerBlue Flooring Ltd.
Date PostedMay 09, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 08, 2022
Blue Flooring Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
Prepare flooring plans and scheduling
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Prepare floors for installations
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
- Perform double-bond carpet installations
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Install outdoor carpets
- Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired)
- Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
- Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting
- Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Vinyl or resilient sheets
- Vinyl or resilient tiles
- Rubber sheet goods
- Modular carpet tiles
- Flexible PVC sheet goods
- Team player
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 08, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.