EmployerBulk Barn Foods Limited
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2023
Location Cochrane, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 12 to 27 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 09, 2023
Bulk Barn Foods Limited
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Retail business
- Operate cash register
- Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
- Scan items
- Tabulate total payment for goods or services required
- Receive payment for goods or services
- Suggestive selling
- Stock shelves and clean counter area
- Greet customers
- Accept reservations or take-out orders
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Weigh produce and bulk foods
- Provide customer service
- Monitor all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary
- Participate in promotional activities
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Package take-out food
- Food safety/handling skills
- Professionalism in customer service
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
Computer and technology knowledge
- Electronic cash register
- Interac machine
- Price scanner
- Point of sale system
Area of work experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
1 to less than 7 months
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to calculate total payments received at the end of the work shift and reconcile with total sales
Interest in manipulating - operating to wrap and place merchandise in bags, and to tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers and optical price scanners; may stock shelves and clean check-out counter area
Interest in speaking with customers to provide information; may accept reservations and take-out orders
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.