Chef De Cuisine
EmployerThe Lake Louise Ski Area Ltd.
Date PostedJuly 12, 2022
Location Lake Louise, AB
Earnings $28.64 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 05, 2022
The Lake Louise Ski Area Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Staff accommodation available
- Willing to relocate
Ranks of Chefs
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Create new recipes
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Schedule staff
- Order materials and stock
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Working groups
- Cook (general)
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Cook Red Seal Certificate
- Food Safety Certificate
- Sushi preparation techniques
- Japanese cuisine
- Fish and seafood
- Meat, poultry and game
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
5 years or more
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site recreation and activities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.