There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Chef De Partie
EmployerPomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
Date PostedMay 23, 2023
Location Kananaskis, AB
Earnings $25.40 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 22, 2023
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Staff accommodation available
Ranks of chefs
Chef de partie
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Train, direct and motivate staff
- Carry out management or administrative duties
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Health care plan
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- On-site recreation and activities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.