Date PostedNovember 17, 2021
Location Okotoks, AB
Earnings $22.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 17, 2021
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Food Safety Certificate
5 years or more
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
Formal dining room
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
Ranks of Chefs
- Head chef
Sous-Chefs Specific Skills
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
- Create new recipes
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
- Recruit and hire staff
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Team player
Remote work available
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 17, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.