EmployerThe Porch Kitchen & Cocktails Ltd
Date PostedNovember 25, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 25, 2021
The Porch Kitchen & Cocktails Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- 5-10 people
- 11-15 people
Ranks of Chefs
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Meat, poultry and game
- Fish and seafood
- Eggs and dairy
- Cold kitchen
- Cereals, grains and pulses
- Bakery goods and desserts
Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
- Create new recipes
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
- Recruit and hire staff
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
Group Insurance Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
730 17th Ave SW
calgary, Alberta T2S0B7
Dec 25, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.