Employer1941073 Alberta Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 04, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 03, 2022
1941073 Alberta Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Cook Trade Certification
2 years to less than 3 years
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
Ranks of Chefs
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Meat, poultry and game
- Fish and seafood
- Eggs and dairy
Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
- Create new recipes
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 03, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.