Date PostedJune 03, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.25 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 28, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.