There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Child And Youth Worker
EmployerVantage Community Services Society
Date PostedMarch 07, 2023
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $40,380.00 to $51,818.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 06, 2023
Vantage Community Services Society
Work site environment
- Group home
- Urban area
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Administrative and office activities
- Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services
- Implement life skills workshops
- Assess client's relevant skill strengths and development needs
- Housekeeping activities
- Food preparation
- Provide suicide and crisis intervention
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses
- Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental health first aid Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Medication Administration Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Child welfare check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in consulting with social assistance recipients and pensioners to advise and aid them in locating and utitizing a variety of community resources; in referring clients to other social services; in counselling clients living in group homes and halfway houses and assisting in pre-release and release planning; in providing crisis intervention and emergency-shelter services; and in co-ordinating volunteer activities of community and social services organizations
Interest in compiling information to participate in the selection and admission of clients to appropriate programs; to assess clients' relevant skill strengths and deficits; and in maintaining contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall progress
Interest in assisting clients to sort out options and develop plans of action, and in implementing and organizing the delivery of life-skills workshops, substance-abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social workers and health care professionals
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.